To work offshore industry, personnel are usually required to undergo an Oil and Gas UK (OGUK) medical. The OGUK medical is valid for two years and the Emergency Breathing System (EBS) Fitness to Train medical can be undertaken at the same time in addition to the main OGUK medical.
OGUK Medical FAQs
What do I need to bring for my OGUK medical?
- Photo ID – driving licence, passport or discharge book
- If you wear contact lenses, please wear your glasses on the day.
- Avoid loud noise for 16 hours before your medical, as this may affect your hearing test.
- Please bring any information about medication, medical problems or hospital admissions since your last medical.
- Clothes you are comfortable wearing to do a step test as this is sometimes needed as part of medical.
- A dental certificate may be required. It is advisable to see your dentist at least annually.
How long is the OGUK medical valid for?
Two years is the standard length of time. Occasionally the medical may be issued for a shorter time for medical reasons.
I need a ‘Fit to Train’ Compressed Air - Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS) assessment. Can this be done at the same time as my OGUK medical?
Since March 2018, new rules apply such that for BOSIET and FOET personnel need a valid OGUK offshore medical and an OGUK ‘Fit to Train’ certificate, issued by an OGUK examining doctor. This medical considers aspects which may affect fitness for breathing compressed gas during training.
Can you undertake Food Handling certificate or Emergency Response team aspects of the OGUK medical?
Yes, please get in touch via email@example.com for this to be arranged.
Which countries accept an Oil and Gas UK medical certificate?
By mutual agreement with Norway and the Netherlands, a normal Oil & Gas UK medical certificate will be accepted in both these countries. Restricted Oil & Gas UK medical certificates however are not accepted outside the UK sector.
Need to make An Appointment?
Easily make a booking 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Simply choose your prefered date and time and pay the fee. We will remind you of your appointment nearer the time.Make An Appointment